The past week was rough. I did my best BUT…. Why was I not the perfect mom I dreamt I would be? Why wasn’t I the perfect mom I see in social media posts? It was not the worst week, but I want to be a better mom next week! My eyes hurt from staring at a computer all day, so I better make this quick.
5 ways I will be a better mom next week:
- I will love my body. After 30 days of healthy / clean eating and working out 6 days a week I saw virtually no results in terms of inches or weight loss. I will set my frustration aside, love the body I have, acknowledge the strength gained, and continue my work to be a better me. What else can I do? l can recommit to my goals of drinking more water. Patience is a virtue, right?!?
- I will not beat myself up for being a working mom. I work outside the home, so my kids need care while I work. Pre-schools, schools and all of the options my husband and I have chosen teach them and help them grow. I need to embrace it, and not fight it.
- I will let my kids have time to relax and veg out. I am often so busy going from one place to the next I get burned out. My kids MUST feel the same way. I will let them have time to relax, veg out in front of the TV, or make a mess playing.
- I will yell less. I will focus on positive reinforcement. Using a positive mindset I will use the reward jar to encourage my kids, and I will address negative behavior with a calm, cool (non-emotional) self. I will wake up early to avoid starting the day off in a rush.
- I will take time for myself. I will take time to not work, not blog, not parent, and not stress. I will try meditation (personal goal for a few weeks). I will sit and watch a TV show (or 2), and I will not have the computer or my phone with me.
I bet you are an amazing mom! How can you take it to the next level? I would encourage you to write down at least one goal! Write it on a sticky note and put it in a place you see every day. This visual reminder will help you work towards your goal. Next – share it below! I would love to hear from you!