I’m a super nerd when it comes to planning birthday parties. Once my kiddos approve a theme, I like to take it to the next level. This year, we took a bite out of summer with a super cool shark pool party! It was his first “school friend” party! It was one of the easier themes that I have done. Let me tell you why!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. I will make a small percentage if you make a purchase using these links at NO cost to you which will allow me to continue blogging vs. watching trashy reality TV every night.
Pokemon was the initial theme request (mom was not excited). I did some quick searches on Pinterest, and I quickly offered up some alternate ideas. We agreed on a shark themed swimming party! I ordered the invite on Etsy. This is the specific one I chose! I like to have a picture on each birthday invite to remember what my kiddo looked like on that birthday! Next, it is planning for food (usually the first order of business), decorations, and games!
- Goldfish under attack (bowl of gold fish with a shark in it)
- Fish food (Fruity pebbles)
- Seaweed (Green grapes on skewers)
- Shark shaped watermelon
- “6” warm soft pretzels
- Shark cupcakes (Cute shark fin toppers)
- Pizza (totally off theme but easy)
Decorations (all in blues):
- Shark Whirls
- Balloons (filled with helium from Party City)
- Streamers (from Party City)
- Table Covers (from Party City)
- Table Centerpieces – small vase layered with shredded blue paper and sea shells
- Shark mugs (from Party City) – decoration and favors for the kids to take home
- Shark cut out for picture fun
- Shark Pinata
The party was a HUGE success. Kids had a blast. While I loved the Shark cut out for picture opportunities, we didn’t really use it. Too much swimming to do and candy to eat :)! Leaving links below on what you can grab now on Amazon! Happy Party Planning :)!